There are too many variables to your questions but basically.......
Can anybody tell me what you're doing, as far, as coding and billing, for patients seen at nurses' clinic, ie, wound care clinic, coumadin clinic, blood pressure clinic, etc.
wound care--can not code/bill 99211 if nurse if doing f/up work for a physician that is in a global period
coumadin---can code/bill 99211 ONLY if there is separate work documented other than the pre- and post work that is part of the 85610 coumadin testing
blood pressure--can not code/bill 99211 if pt comes in just asking for a BP read. Can code/bill if there is a physician order for a "5 day BP checks"
Can we bill these using 99211? If yes, do we collect copays? IF not, how are you capturing these revenues?
Copays---depends on the insurance. Some want a copay anytime the pt sees any provider while others require a copay only when the patient sees a MD, PA
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join