my surgeon excised a "mass" from the patients left inguinal region which he described as a "fluid filled mass overlying the femoral artery and vein, there was some lymphatic tissue adjacent which was removed en bloc".
The pathology report came back "hernia sac" and this has thrown a wrench into coding because he did not do a "hernia repair". He removed the cystic mass from the sub-q tissue. The surgery center wants to code it as a hernia repair, I say excision of inguinal mass. However, what would that code be???
Any input would be appreciated.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join