Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

national medical coder day

1. Default When is coder's day in Arizona
    Medical Coding Books
    This was discussed in a staff meeting and found to be July 14th for Arizona. The CEO of our facility is planning a day of festivities for us this year. We certainly are feeling the love right about now...

Default Louisiana Medical Coder Day
    Louisiana's date is August 1, initiated in 2005 by (past) governor, Kathleen Blanco. Happy Medical Coder Day to all Louisiana Medical Coders!!

Default Oklahoma?
    Does anyone have access to their 2007 Coding Edge. I have all my Edges back to 2004 except for Jan. 2007! I am trying to find out if Oklahoma is listed in the article. I have tried to find out online if Oklahoma has one and I'm coming up empty handed.
    Thanks, Cathy

Default Utah
    Utah is April 15
    Jenifer McPolin CPC, CPMA, RCC

Default Contact YOUR state legislator
    I would encourage you to contact you own state legislator for this information. S/he works for you, after all. In many cases, these kinds of "special designations" are valid only for one year. You would want your state legislator to propose a State Coder's Day if there isn't one, and would want to call attention to it if there already is one.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

7. Default
    Ohio?

8. Default
    Ohio?

9. Smile Coder Day Celebration
    My question is what are some things that have been done to celebrate Coder Day?

Actually for Arizona, we have to petition the Governor's office every year. I think someone from the Phx chapter has been doing it but am not for sure. I'll ask our Chapter Secretary.
    Cyndi Allen, CPC, CIRCC
    2015 Local Chapter President, Casa Grande, AZ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast