Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

national medical coder day

Lightbulb national medical coder day
    Exam Training Packages
    does anyone know when national medical coder day occurs? what about florida national medical coder day? i found out about national him week, but nothing else more specific.

2. Default
    The coders day is State specific the state I am from each year we have to approach the governors office to request this day be recognized. If it is approved we get a proclamation from the governor designating a certain day as Coders day.

Laurie Weyerstrass CPC
    AAPCCA Board of Directors 2007-2009

3. Unhappy Ladybugangel
    This is all well and good but how do you find out when Coders Day is for your state, like Arizona :

Cool
    Funny you should ask this now. I was looking at an old copy of the Coding Edge from Jan 2007 I believe last night. It had a map with State Coder's Day listings. I think 33 states have Coder's Day and it listed the dates. If I remember I will look today at Arizona and let you know. You could also check with the local chapters there, it is usually a chapter that gets the ball rolling. I am in DC and we actually petition the Mayor's office and he gives us a proclamation. District Medical Coder's Day is July 12th.
    Machelle Morningstar, CPC, COC, CEMC, COSC
    AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer

Default National coder day
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorningstarcpc View Post
    Funny you should ask this now. I was looking at an old copy of the Coding Edge from Jan 2007 I believe last night. It had a map with State Coder's Day listings. I think 33 states have Coder's Day and it listed the dates. If I remember I will look today at Arizona and let you know. You could also check with the local chapters there, it is usually a chapter that gets the ball rolling. I am in DC and we actually petition the Mayor's office and he gives us a proclamation. District Medical Coder's Day is July 12th.
    I just happened to have the Jan 2007 Coding Edge at my desk. How's that for coincidence? Page 29 lists the State Coders Day. Arizona is July 14. I was looking for ours also (Indiana) and was told it was in November but was unsure of the day. It's November 9. Pretty cool huh? LOL

6. Default
    Does anyone know what date is state coder's day for California?

I want to say Florida's is mid-Nov (will find out).

8. Thumbs up state coder day
    California is July 21
    Florida is April 15

How about GA?

anyone know what Maine's is?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast