Code 95920 is performed in the hospital setting. Monitoring of a patient with code 95920
should use Hospital site of service (site 21), or Hospital Outpatient surgery center (site 22), even
if the monitoring physician is located in an office. When supervising and interpreting IOM on a
hospitalized patient, the supervising physician codes using modifier -26.
However, I have found when billing TC/26 POS 11 for monitoring is allowed to commercial payors.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join