I was wondering if someone could look at this and see if they agree with my code or not. Thanks
PreOp/PostOp: Hallux Limitus first left
Operation: Bunionectomy with metatarsal osteotomy first left.
Procedure: .........Attention was then directed to the first metatarsophalangeal joint where 5 cm linear skin incision was made. This incision was deepened down through subcutaneous tissue, taking care not to disrupt any neurovascular bundles. The spurring affect was identified and the dorsal lateral aspect of the metatarsal head was removed in toto. The medial eminence was removed in toto. One 60 degree cut was made from medial to lateral and a second cut was made to the head of the proximal phalanx. The head was transposed 4 mm plantar lateral. One 0.045 k-wire was driven from dorsal proximal medial plantar distal lateral and laid upon the bone. The remaining stump of metatarsal was removed in toto. The area was flushed with copious amounts of sterile saline. 3-0 vicryl awas utilized to appose the capsule and subcutaneous tissue. 4-0 vicryl was utilized to appose the skin in a subcuticular fashion.........
ICD9 code: 735.8
Cpt code: I am taking a guess here.......28296-LT
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join