Effective January 1, 2008, CPT changed the descriptors for codes 95004, 95024 and 95027 which are for Allergy skin testing. The codes now include test interpretation and physician report. Those words were actually added to the description.
You can still submit an E&M charge also, with a modifier 25 if the criteria is met.
CPT code 95044 for patch testing was not included in the policy change.
I hope this answers your question. I'm a rambler.
Allergy Clinic of Tulsa, Inc.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join