AAPC - Back to school
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coding from home

Question Coding from home

AAPC: Back to School
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone haa any experiences coding for Amphion, Peak or PHNS from home???

Yes, I have worked with PHNS and Peak.
    The PHNS position didn't work out for me due to techical issues related to my internet connection....that was several years ago.
    I currently am working with Peak on HCC contracts. I am happy with my dealings with them. I have worked on several projects in 2010.
    Sandra A Richardson, RHIT, CPC

I was wondering how you all found the positions to work from home or did you already work in these companies offices? thanks Sara

I have never heard of Peak. Do you have a website for them? I too am looking for a remote coding job. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Julie, CPC

I worked for Peak in 2009 but the work kinda dried up. Do they seem to have more work to keep you with 40 hours a week??? Who is your trainer???

Question newly certified

Hello, all I an currentlyl looking for a starter position. I just got certified. I am also looking to work from home if at all posible. Any leads?

Hello all,

I worked for Peak, the pay was good and there was work, I worked for them for a year and a half, however the Union in CA got involved and required us (the Peak coder) to also have a CCS license, after I got my CCS licensed they decided that the Peak coders needed to also take a Kaiser exam which means that if you are hired by Peak they will have to fly you to a Kaiser facility to take the exam. All you have to do is google them, I believe the site is Peakhs.com

is it still a requirment to take this exam? Has anyone taken this Kaiser exam?

I have been researching on remote (stay at home) coding positions, here are some that I found (still checking to see if they are legit companies or not)...if anyone has worked with any of these companies and can give insight..that would be greatly appreciated

Avia Code (www.aviacode.com)
    MediQuist (www.mediquist.com)
    Med Assurant (www.medassurant.com)
    Peak Health Solutions (www.peakhs.com)
    Kiwi-Tek (www.kiwi-tek.com/careers.html)
    Maxim Health Information Service (www.maximhealthinformationservices.com)
    In Record Time (www.inrecordtime.net/career-opportunity.php)

Default Coding from home

In my opinion, I have learned that it doesn't always matter whether you pass their tests. They are going to hire the candidates that have more experience. Most remote coding companies want candidates with at least 3 years of experience. The more specialties that you are experienced in the more of a chance you are going to have ongoing contracts.

I have noticed that a lot of students who are certified end up having high hopes of working remotely, but unfortunately it doesn't happen that way. As it is, it is difficult for some of the experienced coders to get remote positions.

I started as a remote coder doing HCC coding for a remote coding company, as a temporary contract. In January I was hired by Peak and I work full-time coding the professional side, including multi-specialty surgeries. Fortunately, my audits have been in between 96 - 100 %, so a good accuracy rate makes a difference too.

Just my opinion:-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast