You do not code V76.2 with a V72.31 that is why it is excluded. However if the physician documents a Vaginal pap due to a hysterectomy then you do add the V76.47 and you must add the appropriate V88.xx code to indicate the acquire absence of the uterus and or cervix which would preclude the ability to perform a cervical pap. The V88.xx codes define whether there is no cervix or a remaining cervical stump. This is information that should be available in the patients history usually in PFSH statement.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join