I have a question regarding the use of these modifiers. I realize that these modifers are indicative to foot and podiatry, but do you have to be a podiatrist to report them?
Let's say that a Medicare, diabetic patient presents to a family practice provider for footcare (trimming of nails) and meets the criteria for one of the modifiers, can we report them, or are they only for podiatry?
Also, codes G0245-G0247. If a patient meeting the critieria for these codes presents to a family practice provider and we provide foot care (trimming of nails), do we report G0245-G0247 and the CPT codes for the trimming of the nails along with modifiers Q7-Q9, or does G0245-G0247 cover the trimming of the nails?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join