In the first one, are you asking about the well child visit or the first visit? If well child, you would use well E&M 99392, and the cellulitis could be considered part of the well visit. If the provider documented enough to support the well visit and wants to charge a sick ov code as well, use a modifier and charge both.
If you were referring to just the first sick visit, there is no way the nature of presenting problem would support a 99215. (even if there is enough documentation in the chart not.)
The second one, it looks like provider is documenting time. With 35 minutes face to face, that would only be a 99214.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join