Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advanced Medical Review

1. Default Remote coders
    Medical Coding Books
    I would be very careful. As everyone knows there is indenity theft out there and it's spreading. Why would they send out a w-9 and ask for direct deposit information so soon. You hear about these type of things all the time and I would check with your local police department.

I went on their website and they do not have any openings posted for remote coders or chart reviewers. Did you all apply for a position with them? I don't think I would be giving them any info. Sounds to fishy to me.
    Susie Corrado, CPC

Quote Originally Posted by scorrado View Post
    I went on their website and they do not have any openings posted for remote coders or chart reviewers. Did you all apply for a position with them? I don't think I would be giving them any info. Sounds to fishy to me.
    I too, went on their website and didn't see any remote coder positions at all. It sounds a lil fishy to me too, them asking for your banking info before you even start. I'd be leary.

Happy Friday to everyone
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

4. Default Remote coding from home
    You can try Medassurant, Inc. They hire remote certified coders to work from home. The web site is www.medassurant.com

I currently have worked for them about 8 months. They are located in Maryland, however they hire coders across the country.

5. Default
    I too, received the same email, requesting personal info with the agreement. I have been skeptical to do anything.

I have a friend that has worked for Medassurant for the last 6 months or so. She seems to be happy with what she is doing. I recently submitted my resume and the hiring process was suprisingly quick. They do not offer benefits but compared to office jobs in my area, they pay well. They also supply your work hardware, you supply internet connection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12