I am in Nebraska which has WPS for MAC B carrier. In the LCD L28572 under documentation requirements for reporting debridements, it states" the drbridement procedure notes should demonstarte tissue removal (i.e., skin, fullor partial thichness; subcataneious tissue; muscle and/or bone)....."
So my question is, if the provider only documented debrided muscle and/or bone in the name of operation but not in the operative technique can 11043 or 11044 be charged out.
Thanks everyone for their input.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join