AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Radiation seed implantation

Default Radiation seed implantation

AAPC: Back to School
    Coding for an ASC and new to coding for Radiation Oncology procedures, I'm having a problem with getting the Seeds (C2639) paid by Medicare...they have denied these. I went onto the Medicare website to obtain information and see that as of 2008 these should be paid???
    Any help would be appreicated.

Palm Beach

Your are right, Medicare should be paying for them. What is the denial reason they are giving? I am curious as an ASC I work with just billed two Medicare patients within the last two weeks for the Brachytherapy procedure, but we used the C2638 (stranded). Also, what state are you in? I know for Florida, Medicare should reimburse at cost.

Similar Threads

1. ???Seed Corn???
    By PamelaJ7 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2014, 02:54 PM
  2. Brachytherapy seed billing
    By PattiL in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 03:18 PM
  3. radiation seed implant???
    By BRENDAGO in forum Interventional Radiology
    Replies: 1