Per CPT Assistant--There are no CPT codes to report the non-incisional removal of PEG tubes. You would report the PEG tube removal with the appropriate E&M code for that visit. you can use 43760 with dx V55.1 if the doctor removed it then placed another one
Non incisional PEG removal is reported via E/M
If removed endoscopically 43247
If incisional 43500 may be appropriate
Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join