I believe it means for those that code/bill claims for DOS prior to and including September 30, 2013, but don't submit the claim till after October 1, 2013 for example, those claims will have to have ICD-9 codes. Anything filed with DOS October 1, 2013 and after, will need to be ICD-10.
It goes by DOS, not date claim is submitted, meaning claims can be submitted after October 1, just they need ICD-9 codes if DOS is prior to then.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join