OPTION 1: You code the lysis with a -54 modifier (I'm assuming you did no pre-operative management and won't do post-operative care either).
OPTION 2: Modifier 62 Your surgeon is listed as a co-surgeon on the primary surgeon's op note; you list the primary surgeon as a co-surgeon on your op note. Both surgeons bill the primary surgery as - CPT xxxxx-22/62
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert Ė Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join