I am working on a new adventure with Public Health arena. We have Public Health Nurses who want to utilize office visit codes 99212 & 99213. I have always understood that RN's can only utilize the 99211. I read the coding guidelines on page 4 of the AMA CPT book and it has a section under Definitions of Commonly Used Terms that indicates "E/M services may also be reported by other qualified health care professionals who are authorized to perform such services within their scope of practice"

I would like to see if anyone out there utilize office visits other than 99211 under RN's with the supervisition of MD.

I appreciate any insight.

Many Thanks,