You mean to amend the record after the claim is sent and all? Then no this canot be done. But for a coder to see that additional documentation is necessary in order to submit a claim, that is perfectly fine. The claim is to match the documentation and then the documetation must support the claim, but it is wrong and potentiallylegally wrong to amend or change documentation after a claim is sent and rejected or paid to then "fix" the documentation to match the claim or support an appeal.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join