AAPC - Back to school

Thread: concious sedation

Default concious sedation

AAPC: Back to School
    Can someone please help me on this...
    can an anesthesia dr code/bill for concious sedation? I code for Emergency room Physicians and facility side, my er Dr tried to reduce a fx with concious sedation but was unable to so the Anesthesiolpgist came and did the sedation while my dr did the reduction, I was looking on coding clinic and it said to use the 0100-01999 and I didn't think I could use those in the er.. am I misreading it? Please help...thank you alice

Charleston, WV

00100 - 01999 are for deep sedation or MAC only. Conscious sedation should be billed with 99143 - 99150. The anesthesiologist can bill for conscious sedation as long as there was continuous face-to-face attendance. Reimbursement will vary by payer.

Default concious sedation

Thank you, I just was getting confused with reading the cpt asst. it is at work so I can't explain in more detail...thanks again for the help..alice

Similar Threads

1. concious sedation
    By alices in forum Emergency Department
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 08:22 AM
  2. Concious Sedation Question
    By sawhitt in forum Internal Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 07:48 AM
  3. concious sedation
    By alices in forum Emergency Department
    Replies: 1