Someone told me that if the doc does not specify acute or chronic to code as chronic. Has anyone else heard of this and if so could you direct me to documentation stating this?
What code do you use for suicide attempt? I have been using 300.9. We are currently fighting with our billing company because they have blocked E codes. So, if I have a suicide attempt by overdose of aspirin I can code the 9XX code but then I have been coding 300.9 for the suicide attempt. Any thoughts?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join