I looking for some help. A patient had a Lt SFA stent placement from the right femoral access, using a long sheath. He then pulled the long sheath out of the left leg, and made an exchange for a short sheath and performed a stent placement in the right common iliac artery. I billed for catheter placement 36247-lt, and then for the appropriate stent placements. The doctor want me to bill 36245 for the sheath placement for the stent placement on the right.
I say he can't bill the 36245-rt, he says he can. Who is right?
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join