I would think V4586- s/p gastric bypass would be sufficient. If not maybe the reason they had the gastric bypass to begin with like morbid obesity. We do not do these surgeries so I am just taking a guess based on my experience in coding some cardiac things in the past. If the patient had a pacemaker and we were following up we would either use the V code or the reason they had the pacemaker like 42731 - atrial fib. Hope this info helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join