Pre-op Dx Codes And Order

Default Pre-op Dx Codes And Order
    Exam Training Packages
    Good Day,

I am having a brain farct... I cannot remember how this is done, we saw a pt for a pre-op for knee pain she is having surgery.

We are her PCP and see her for her routine care too, I am wondering are we supposed to list the V code first then the reason for surgey and any underlying conditions after, or is it the other way around... the pt is questioning this because it is a work comp case and she thinks it won't get paid if we have the other dx listed before the V code.

We don't bill alot of pre-op consults but on occasion, so I gues this information would be good to have so we know what is listed first.

Thanks in advance,
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

The V code comes first, then the reason for the surgery, followed by other conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Curtis View Post
    The V code comes first, then the reason for the surgery, followed by other conditions.

Thanks Lisa,

I appreciate it.
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Similar Threads

1. What order should these codes be in. help
    By insight in forum ICD-10
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
  2. Order of Diagnosis Codes
    By ieshiarenee in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2014, 03:05 PM
  3. Order of procedure codes on claims
    By chamilton122883 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 4