AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Coding Certificate

Default Coding Certificate

AAPC: Back to School
    Hello! I have been asked by a potential employer to email a copy of my coding certificate. I have been asked before to give my certification number but never the actual certificate. Has anyone else ever been asked to send the certificate or does this sound kind of strange to anyone else? Thanks for your opinions!

WHills, CA

Default Certificates

I've not ever sent a certificate unless it is for a security clearance which I have submitted for and legal stuff. All one needs is your member or certificate number and they can look up your certs online through AAPC or whatever site, call or whatever. It's not strange though.

Charleston, South Carolina

I was asked by my previous employer for a copy of my certificate or my membership card. I believe they wanted this as they were not aware they could verify credentials on-line. They do however, ask for a copy of your new card yearly. Maybe this saves them time from having to verfity everyone at different times, or maybe because its a DOD contractor and they have specific guidelines to follow.
    Machelle Morningstar, CPC, COC, CEMC, COSC
    AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer

Similar Threads

1. Medical Coding Certificate
    By mimsch in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2014, 01:49 PM
  2. Which areas of jobs can i use a medical billing & coding certificate
    By dalovely_teisha@hotmail.com in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 07:15 AM
  3. Replies: 0