Pre OP dx: Ulcerative Colitis
Post Op dx: normal colon. No evidence of colitis.
In indiations states "hx of ulcerative colitis"
Colonscopy was ok but did state " will start to wean him off his Asacol"
Would this be 45378 and still use Dx 556.9 or G0105 w/ V dx?
Good morning ---
If this was a Colonscopy due to the colitis than yes I would use 556.9 and also use with the G0105 for high risk due to the history with V10.xx. If it was a screening than you would use the proper screening code V76.50. Just depending on what the whole documentation states. I hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join