Is your provider doing sciatic nerve blocks? If so I would code it as follows:
64445-59-LT and 64445-59-RT
depending on the carrier. MC in my region prefers the 50 mod to left and right. If you are billing the 50 mod you should only bill one line item and double your billed amount. I believe MC pays these at 150%. If your provider is doing a femoral nerve block use 64447 with the same modifiers.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join