Katkia, remember that 99214 and 99215 are E/M services, which can be based on counseling and coordination of care time (if it dominates the visit). However, hypnotherapy (90880) is listed under CPT as a Psychiatric service, so the E/M time determination would not apply. You'd be running a very slippery slope indeed if you reported hypnotherapy based on time (90880 does not have a time descriptor like other psych codes.)
I think in this case I'd stick with the "You may be responsible for charges not covered by your insurance" clause or self-pay. At least if they don't pay, you can rifle their pockets while they're under! Just kidding - that would be wrong.
My two cents,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join