Assesment: CVA with left sided weakness (unspecified dominant or nondominate sided)
By definition, hemiparesis = weakness, therefore I would conclude that the correct code would be 438.20 (late effect of CVA with hemiparesis/hemiplegia). There are many debates, with out a concise direction, for this code I would appreciate some guidance, please
Should I code 438.20
438.89 and 780.79
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join