The frustration you express is also shared by those with AHIMA credentials, oddly enough.
Perhaps you aren't looking in the right areas. Hospitals are an obvious choice, but also check out chiropractic offices, substance abuse treatment facilities, skilled nursing facilities, home health, academic health centers (e.g., student health), local health departments, insurance companies, work comp, etc.
With your lack of experience, it might serve you better to look into allied jobs--billing assistant, file clerk, claims clerk or something similar. There are lots of folks who must understand that certification is the initial step only. If you're near a local chapter, attend and alert the officers that you are seeking employment.
Good luck to you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join