AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Pediatric Twinrix Code

Question Pediatric Twinrix Code

AAPC: Back to School
    I work in a family practice office and we saw a pediatric patient (17 yrs old) who came in & was given a Twinrix vaccine. The code the physician gave us was 90636 (Hep A & Hep B - adult dosage) Insurance denied pmt due to age requirements. Can someone please tell me how to code this properly? Would I need to charge for a ped dosage of Hep A and another Ped dosage for Hep B?

Thanks in adavance for any help I can get!!!
    Sticky Situation in Kentucky

Default Twinrix

Immunization is recommended for all susceptible persons 18 years of age or older. Looks like you can not bill the patient for this service. You should not use the Hep A and Hep B codes to bill for this service. The NDC #'s are different and you would be billing for something you did not give.

Similar Threads

1. Vaccine Vcode for Twinrix
    By CJGORKA in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 10:21 AM
  2. Help - Pediatric Code
    By conleyclan in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 09:24 AM
  3. Twinrix
    By mhcpc in forum Gastroenterology
    Replies: 3