Laceration repairs come under 10 day global package.
For a laceration revisit within 10days without complication- if the encounter is just for a recheck or a suture removal without any additional work up or complication, we need not bill the visit.
For a laceration revisit within 10days with complication - Within 10 days, patient comes in with any complication due to repair or in the site of laceration (or) any new complication other than laceration, we can code the record.
For laceration repair after 10 days -irrespective of with or without complication we can code the encounter.
Hope this helps,
Thank You and Have a great day!
Purnima S, CPC
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join