CPT Description for CPT code 49465 is "Contrast injection for Radiological Evaluation of gastrostomy,duodenostomy, Jejenostomy, gastro-jejenostomy, cecostomy(or other colonic) tube,from a percutaneous approach including image documentation and report".
The CPT Description Nowhere says about fluoroscopy. It says Image documentaqtion and reporting. which means obtaining Permenant films(X-rays) after the injection of contrast.You can code 49465 according to the report you specified above.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join