chemo drug list

Question chemo drug list
    Medical Coding Books
    Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of the cytotoxic chemo agents?
    Kim Whiston CPC

2. Thumbs up Cancer drug list site--free and interactive.
    Hey Coders! Need to know about Cancer Drugs??
    There is a great download that's free on the SEER website: http://seer.cancer.gov/tools/seerrx/. You can also add your email for updates..also free. Used by Cancer Registrars.

The great thing about this is if you put in a drug name it will tell you what type of drug it is..chemo, immumotherapy and if you have a generic it will give you other names it goes by. OR if you note only has a description like CHOP it tells what drugs are in that regimen. Of course you need to confirm that those drugs were given, but it sheds light on the subject.

However it does not give J codes--you'll need your HCPCS book for that.

Rita Zager, cpc, ccs-p

Default thanks a bunch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita Zager View Post
    Hey Coders! Need to know about Cancer Drugs??
    There is a great download that's free on the SEER website: http://seer.cancer.gov/tools/seerrx/. You can also add your email for updates..also free. Used by Cancer Registrars.

The great thing about this is if you put in a drug name it will tell you what type of drug it is..chemo, immumotherapy and if you have a generic it will give you other names it goes by. OR if you note only has a description like CHOP it tells what drugs are in that regimen. Of course you need to confirm that those drugs were given, but it sheds light on the subject.

However it does not give J codes--you'll need your HCPCS book for that.

Rita Zager, cpc, ccs-p
    Thank you so much for the site info Rita. I am 4 days into a new job which I will be coding the e/m's, bone marrow and stem cell. I am not familiar with all the oncology terminology so this will be very helpful for me in determining what the drugs are for.....

Do you happen to have any other helpful sites?
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"