Medicare requires compliance for Durable medical equipment, if you're talking CPAP machines that is. There are all different kinds of DME and different jursdictions that covers different areas. The modifer's required for a successful claim for CPAP machine rental are the RR for rental, KH for inital set up, KI for months 2-3, and KJ for months 4-13. The KX modifier is required to show you have the required documentation on file, for example- proof of delivery,physicians order, compliant use and f/u documentation, physicians statement.GZ modifier is required if you do not have the required documentation on file and expecting it to be denied, which you would need an ABN on file, at which point the GA modifier comes into play. Depending on who the DME Contractor is in your area, I would check out their website. I know the Noridian DME website who is the contractor in my area is very thorough and gives good information.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join