I used the 2009 edition of the study guide and I thought that the pre/post exam was quite a bit easier than the actual certification exam. I found the final exam to be a little more difficult than the pre/post exam, but still easier than the actual exam. I took a community college online coding course and used the study guide to prepare along with Carol Buck's The Next Step and The Extra Step. I found her "Step" books to be useful as they have reports in which one extracts the information needed for coding. I also purchased the three practice exams from AAPC, which were the most similar to the actual exam. I took the exam in March for the first time and passed. I am now working in my first coding job.
Good luck in preparing for the exam.
Carol CPC-A, CMA (AAPC)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join