You can't get credit for doing an exam based on what was documented in another note. The only thing you can get credit for from other notes is PFSH and ROS.
I don't want to sound mean when I say this but this provider is either being lazy or has really bad habits that need to be broken. The rules for documentation don't change based on any limitations the individual provider may have. If the provider has difficulty with the documentation system you have maybe he needs a scribe. Then the ancillary staff can help him but he has to tell them what to document, they can not take it upon themselves to supplement the information he is leaving out.
Just my take on it,
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join