CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) is a ventilation machine used to treat respiratory distress, such as obstructive sleep apnea. It is a procedure code listed in ICD 9 volume 3; code 93.90 is CPAP without delivery through endotracheal tube or tracheostomy. I am not sure what the primary diagnosis code is since you did not list it, but a CPAP is a device not a condition, which you know. If the physician performed a CPAP via endotracheal or tracheostomy use code 96.70-96.72 which every documentation supports.
Have a great week!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join