CEMC Certification Exam

Default CEMC Certification Exam
    Exam Training Packages
    How hard would this test be for a person who has two core AAPC certifications, an excellent knowledge of A&P, and one year of experience determining E&M levels, using both 1995 and 1997 documentation guidelines? At this point, I can pretty much determine the level in my head using 1995 DGs by skimming the documentation. I have looked at all the AAPC prep information, but have yet to take the practicum online. Is there any more I can be reading or doing? Any helpful thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Default You should be fine
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyLitella View Post
    How hard would this test be for a person who has two core AAPC certifications, an excellent knowledge of A&P, and one year of experience determining E&M levels, using both 1995 and 1997 documentation guidelines? At this point, I can pretty much determine the level in my head using 1995 DGs by skimming the documentation. I have looked at all the AAPC prep information, but have yet to take the practicum online. Is there any more I can be reading or doing? Any helpful thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.
    From your statement above you should be fine. I took my CEMC last summer and passed. If you know your 95 and 97 DG's I think you'll be fine.

Good luck!
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Thanks for the encouragement, Roxanne. Just took the Practicum today and I felt confident enough to register for the exam.

Thanks for the encouragement, Roxanne. Just took the Practicum today and I felt confident enough to register for the exam.
    The practicum is the exact same format as the exam! I too purchased the practicum prior to scheduling for the exam.

Good luck and let us know what you think.
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Just got the news that I passed, although I was pretty sure when I left the exam on Saturday. I expected the test to be much harder than it was. The test is very similar to the practicum. I highly recommend the practicum and also purchasing Carol Buck's The Evaluation & Management Step. Thank you for the encouragement.

Default Cemc
    Just got the news that I passed, although I was pretty sure when I left the exam on Saturday. I expected the test to be much harder than it was. The test is very similar to the practicum. I highly recommend the practicum and also purchasing Carol Buck's The Evaluation & Management Step. Thank you for the encouragement.
    I am thinking of taking this but what Practicum did you get? Do you have any suggestions. I am scared to take test but I am on my 5th yr coding different areas but I code trauma.

Thank you
    Cathy

7. Default Cemc
    Did you got any package for books, training And exam. Or else we need to buy all separate?
    Beula Selvan. B.P.T.,CPC.,

Default Optional Recommended Material
    I am getting ready to take my CEMC, not any time soon but I am getting all my ducks in a row. I see on the acceptable materials for this exam there is an option for any material of your choice; can someone recommend what else besides the ICDCM, CPT, HCPCS, E/M Worksheets, 95 and 97 DG would be helpful?

9. Red face Cemc
    What Practicum? Did you mean the AAPC CEMC practice exam? Thanks