The levels you are using are not consult codes they are initial inpatient visit levels and they are the accepted way to bill Medicare (and all payers following Medicar'es 2010 policy on consultations) for requests from admitting physicians to see their patients inpatient. I am very careful to not use the word consult as Medicare does not consider a consult to be a valid service as of Jan 1 2010. For your office and outpatient "consults" you will use regular new or established ov codes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join