What was the denial code? NC Medicaid had erroneous denial issues with the other codes within this section.
Attention: All Providers
CPT Codes 64490, 64491, 64492, 64493, 64494, and 64495
Claims billed with CPT procedure codes 64490 through 64495, in the office setting, for dates of service January 1, 2010, and after, were incorrectly denied. Changes have been applied to the system and providers who received a denial with EOB 36 may now resubmit the denied charges as new claims (not adjustments) for processing.
We constantly receive denials for modifier issues. Appeals are frequent with this carrier and paid in most instances. Their request for unconventional modifier use is tiresome.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join