First of all: submitting everything as a 99213 is a red flag to payors. It tells them you don't know what your doing and that what your submitting is probably inaccurate. Your HPI is lacking. I get four HPI elements but no ROS elements. By 97 rules, this is not a detailed exam. By 95, who knows. No one can tell you the difference between a "limited exam" and an "extended exam" with any certainty. You need a detailed exam to get this to 99214. Your MDM is Moderate due to two stable Dx's. I would give this a PF HPI, EPF Exam and Mod MDM which would be a 99213. You want a 99214, beef up HPI and Exam. My two cents anyway.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join