The difference between aftercare and followup is that aftercare says that you are still mananging some part the surgical even such as dressing changes or draining tubes for example while followup is a surveillance of the patience to make sure all is ok. So what they mean by the note following V58.76 is to include other codes probably V codes that explain the type of aftercare being rendered. Such as V58.82 attention to sutures and staples, or a V53.x or V52.x for attention to devices like catheters or drains. This is what they are looking for.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join