Per Medicare guidelines, Stenosis, Radiculopathy and HNP's are not a covered dx for IONM services and as a result these are not covered services for reimbursement. You can though try appealing your claims by providing a letter of medical necessity as to why Surgeon requested these services. I know this is a time consuming and extra work but sometimes it works. Hope this helps.
Nidhi M, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join