Not sure anyone can help but I Rec'd this code for Thrombolysis, Cerebral by intravenous infusion. Not sure what the 006 is for and where the placement of that 006 belongs. I am billing for professional services, could this be UB04???
PS was told the reimbursement was higher if I used this code.
I do believe the 006 is meant to be an ICD-9 Vol 3 procedural code, which consist of 4 digits (ie. 00.61) These codes are found in the ICD-9 Hospital Expert Edition. Vol 3 procedure codes have been adopted for inpatient procedures reported by hospitals. They offer additional information to the principal diagnoses. So to answer your question, yes these codes are submitted for hospitals on the UB-04. Being that you are billing on the professional side, my guess would be your ICD-9 is only Vol 1-2 and I dont think you are required to submit these codes along with the Vol 1 dx codes on your 1500 claim form.
Just an fyi...regarding the 006 that was mentioned,there should be a 4th digit.Who suggested reporting the 006, another physician's office? However, the 37195 CPT does not match with a Vol 3 procedure code 006. I would say 99.10 would be more appropriate in this case, which is defined as injection or infusion of thrombolytic agent.
Hope this helps!
CSwift CPC, CPC-H
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join