Hope this could give a better and clear scenerio:
For Code number 99231 the Level is 1- the Time spends is 15minutes.
Prolonged Physician Service with Direct( face to face) contact –all add on Codes. Should be reported in addition to the designated E/M services at any level and any other physician services provided at the same session as the evaluation/management services.
The total Duration of prolonged Services in your case, would be 105minutes.
Your Prolonged Services code (with face to face) in inpatient setting is 99356- for the First hour. (beyond the usual service of your E/M service)
You have remaining ( extra) additional time of 45minutes. So each additional 30minutes (list separately) in addition to the above. Now the code 99357 also adds up.
SO YOUR PHYSICIAN WOULD CODE AS FOLLOWS:
99231 +99356(ONCE) AND 99357 ( remaining 10 minutes can not be reported for)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join