If you are billing the pro fee side then no, there is nothing extra you can charge for the work since it's considered inherent to the embolization procedure. If being used in carotid stenting (CPT 37215) then it's included in the reimbursement.
If you are billing for the techincal portion then you can bill C1884 for the supplies.
I have encountered the same issue with other companies and their "devices" and found that they will tell you (or your docs) anything to get them to use their products!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join