One of my surgeons places Spider filters through a catheter and then passes an atherectomy device and performs an atherectomy and then removes the Spider filter through another catheter.
Unfortunately you cannot bill the filter placement or removal. The use of an embolic protection device (EPD) is considered part of the procedure. Just makes it safer. The carotids though are only covered and paid if an EPD is used with carotid stent placement (37215). At least one LCD allows use of code 93799 for use of an EPD for stent placement in a coronary arterial saphenous vein bypass graft. I have not seen any other literature to suggest using any additional code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join