Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but I was wondering the same thing! I am going to the STS coding workshop in October and was planning to ask them this same question.
It sounds to me like replacing the arch is a big deal and alot of work. I can't see how they can bundle this into the AA graft!
One argument we could try making is that replacing the arch is not ordinarily encountered when replacing the ascending aorta. If anything, my surgeons often do a hemi-arch graft which I do not charge separately for. So, I guess we could also argue that performing a transverse arch graft requires more dissection (separate incisions) than the AA graft with or without the hemi-arch does?? Maybe this edit was created to stop surgeons for billing for the hemi-arch?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join