Medicare does cover but has very specific policy on frequency and medical necessity (diagnosis codes). Check your local carrier policy. I would query your other large payers or talk with your provider relations representatives to find out if they are covering these codes. If you have access to your commerical carrier web pages or Navinet you may be able to pull up policy about coverage of smoking cessation and how they want it reported.
I have heard that they are not being well recieved as of yet.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join